Be the face of the Maryland SPCA by greeting visitors, sharing program information, and taking go-home photos of adoptees.
The front desk concierge supports us by being the first impression to visitors to the shelter and by directing the flow of adopters. Volunteers in this area will provide high levels of customer service to all visitors of the Maryland SPCA, with the support of the Volunteer Team and the adoption staff.
Events occur throughout the year at a variety of days and times. Events take place during the day, on weekends, or in the evening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all visitors and direct them to their desired area of the shelter.
- Answer customer questions or direct them to a staff member who can.
- Help with office mailings and administrative tasks as needed.
- Taking “go-home” photos of animals who have been adopted.
- Standing for periods of time, with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching.
- Volunteering is performed in administrative and kennel setting.
- Volunteers can be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and potentially hazardous conditions, including the risk of animal bites.
- Volunteers are required to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves at all times, as well as a vest provided by the MD SPCA.
- A minimum of 2 shifts per month for 6 months.