Be the face of the Maryland SPCA by greeting visitors, sharing program information, and taking go-home photos of adoptees.
The front-desk concierge supports the Maryland SPCA by being the first impression to visitors and by directing the flow of adopters. Volunteers in this area will provide high levels of customer service to all visitors of the Maryland SPCA, with the support of the Volunteer Team and the adoption staff.
- Volunteering is performed in administrative and kennel setting.
- Volunteers can be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and potentially hazardous conditions, including the risk of animal bites.
- Volunteers are required to wear pants, closed-toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves at all times.
- Please commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per month for 6 months. Frequent visits help you maintain your skills and become better acquainted with the shelter after your training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all visitors and direct them to their desired area of the shelter.
- Answer customer questions or direct them to a staff member who can.
- Sign in adopters for interviews and help them with the online application.
- Help with administrative tasks as needed.
- Taking “go-home” photos of animals who have been adopted.
- Good customer service and attention to detail.
- No physical demands.
- Attend an orientation, read the front desk manual, and then complete a training session to our staff.