The Veterinary Client Service Representative (CSR) greets clients, set appointments, and process payments. In addition to providing excellent customer service to clients and ensuring that front desk operations run smoothly, Veterinary Client Service Representative acts as the primary greeter when a client enters the waiting room with their pet, alerts the appropriate technician or veterinarian of the client’s arrival, and processes the client’s payment at the conclusion of the appointment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appropriate appointments and confirm appointments.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate departments of the Maryland SPCA.
- Handles financial transactions for services provided.
- Completes daily callbacks from the call back list.
- Maintains professional and efficient waiting and work areas.
- Advise clients of recommended services for their pets following clinic policies.
- Properly check-in and notify appropriate staff of the client’s arrival.
- Return all voicemail and professional email messages using proper email etiquette.
- Pull all appropriate paperwork for scheduled appointments and reservations.
- Ensure the waiting area is always clean and clutter-free.
- Thoroughly enter new client and patient information into the computer system.
- Ensure all surgery and drop-off patients have the required vaccines as in keeping policies.
- Thoroughly and accurately scan daily appointment documents, charts, and medical records ensuring they are uploaded into the patient’s medical record.
- Ensure clients fill-out and sign all appropriate documentation.
- Ensure all charges are accurate.
- Accurately record phone messages for doctors and other staff.
- Resolve client complaints professionally and effectively, following clinic policies.
- Accurately count and report daily end-of-day drawer counts.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-2 years Veterinary Office experience and knowledge of basic veterinary medicine protocols.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic math and writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule, weekend availability.
- Standing for long periods with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and other physical activities for minimum 8 hour periods
- Sitting at a desk for long periods
- Work is performed in both a clinic setting and an office setting.