At this time, the Maryland SPCA is not accepting applications for new fosters. This is a temporary change. We’ll update this page when we resume accepting applications. Thank you!
The foster program is a lifeline for special-needs pets.
Foster volunteers open their homes to provide temporary care for kittens, puppies, cats, and dogs. A quiet, stress-free, loving environment gives every foster pet a better chance at a happy, health life with their forever family.
Benefits of fostering with Maryland SPCA
- You decide what foster pet you want to care for and for how long.
- We provide all necessary supplies, including food, toys, treats, and medications.
- We provide medical and behavioral support, including a 24-hour emergency hotline.
- You get to experience the unconditional love of a pet without making a life-time commitment.
- You’ll feel awesome knowing you saved a life.