Event volunteers represent the Maryland SPCA at community events.
Event volunteers support us by representing the MD SPCA at community, adoption, and fundraising events. Events play a crucial role in making our community aware of our lifesaving services and adoptable pets as well as raising funds!
Events occur throughout the year at a variety of days and times. Events take place during the day, on weekends, or in the evening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage event attendees, providing information about MD SPCA services and programs.
- Facilitate “meets” with animals at adoption events (if trained).
- Assist with setup and break down tables, tents, and chairs.
- Oversee event activities and games (such as “Bobbing for Hotdogs” or obstacle courses for dogs.)
- Standing for periods of time, with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching.
- Occasional lifting and loading of event materials.
- Volunteering is performed in a variety of locations both indoors and outdoors.
- Volunteers can be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and potentially hazardous conditions, including the risk of animal bites.
- Volunteers are required to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves at all time.