Event volunteers represent the Maryland SPCA at community events throughout the year.
Event volunteers support us by representing the MD SPCA at community, adoption and fundraising events. Events play a crucial role in making our community aware of our lifesaving services and adoptable pets as well as raising funds!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage event attendees, providing information about MD SPCA services and programs.
- Facilitate “meets” with animals at adoption events (if trained).
- Assist with setup and breakdown of tables, tents and chairs.
- Oversee event activities and games (such as “Bobbing for Hotdogs” or obstacle courses for dogs.)
- Standing for periods of time, with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching.
- Occasional lifting and loading of event materials.
- Volunteering is performed in a variety of locations both indoors and outdoors.
- Volunteers may be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and the risk of animal bites.
Become a volunteer in the shelter, then be on the lookout for events in the newsletter! All the information above may change event to event.