“Cat Cuddler” volunteers help ensure the health and safety of cats and kittens in our care. They work with staff to provide cats socialization and enrichment as well as show them to potential adopters.
With the support of the volunteer manager and coordinator, Cat Cuddlers provide socialization and enrichment for the cats. They also facilitate introductions to potential adopters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Socialize with cats in their condo or “get-acquainted” room.
- Enrich cats’ lives through play, reading, and petting.
- Introduce cats to potential adopters.
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
- Standing for periods of time with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and reaching.
- Volunteering is performed in a kennel setting.
- Volunteers can be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and potentially hazardous conditions, including the risk of animal bites.
- Volunteers are required to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves at all time.
- A minimum of 2 shifts per month for 6 months.
We are currently recruiting for Cat Cuddler volunteers who are available during the following shifts:
11 a.m.-1 p.m.