“Cat Cuddler” volunteers help ensure the health and safety of cats and kittens in our care.
Working with the Kennel Team and with the support of the Volunteer Team, Cat Cuddlers provide socialization and enrichment for the cats. They can also introduce cats to potential adopters.
- Volunteering is performed in a kennel setting.
- Volunteers can be exposed to strong smells, animal waste, and the risk of animal bites.
- Volunteers are required to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and shirts with sleeves at all times. A volunteer t-shirt will be provided after 10 hours of service.
- Please commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per month for 6 months. Frequent visits help you maintain your skills and become better acquainted with the shelter after your training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Socialize with cats in their condo or “get-acquainted” room.
- Enrich cats’ lives through play, reading and petting.
- Introduce cats to potential adopters.
- Standing for periods of time with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and reaching.
- No cat allergies and must be able to pick up cats if needed.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from staff about how to work with the cats. No matter your level of experience, working with cats in our shelter requires training!
- Attend an orientation, complete the online training module, and then schedule a training “shadow session” with our staff.