Volunteers are an essential part of Kibble Connection’s success in reaching thousands of pets and people each year.
The Maryland SPCA’s Community Care and Advocacy Department runs Kibble Connection, a program which distributes pet food to rescue groups, community cat caretakers, and individuals who are in need. Kibble Connection has been a vital resource for those in our community struggling to keep their pets at home, feed community cats, and continue to foster pets from rescue groups.
Volunteers assisting as ‘Amazon Warriors’ will join a staff member at Amazon distribution facilities to pick up donations. Our partnership with Amazon has allowed us to feed thousands of pets annually.
- This volunteer role will be performed at one of two Amazon distribution facilities in the Baltimore area and then outside in the shelter parking lot.
- Volunteers are asked to sign up for at least one shift per month to assist as Amazon Warriors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet a staff member at the shelter building and follow them by car to the Amazon distribution facility. (Once experienced and comfortable, the volunteer can rendezvous with the staff member closer to the distribution facility if needed)
- Assist the staff member in loading Amazon donations into an MDSPCA vehicle
- Drive back to the shelter and assist staff in unloading donations (if possible)
- Volunteers should have access to a vehicle and be available to meet a staff member at the shelter or nearby at an Amazon distribution facility.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing between 30 lbs. – 50 lbs.
- Access to a cell phone during their shifts to contact staff
- Volunteers are representatives of the MD SPCA, must act accordingly, and should be able to follow instructions well and be punctual.
- Volunteers will have a conversation with the volunteer manager and be emailed instructions prior to beginning this role.
- Directions to and from the Amazon distribution centers.
- Staff member contact information.