Has your dog's on-leash growling, barking, and lunging towards other dogs begun stressing you out? Do you want to understand their behavior better and get some immediate relief?
The Reactive Rover options will provide you with the same quality training you have come to expect from the Maryland SPCA with the added benefit of working at your pace and from the safety of your own home. There is no right answer regarding how to approach your dog's on-leash behavior. The modular format will give you the option to decide how much information and training you want to be based on your individual goals. Do you live in a rural area and just want to understand your dog's behavior? Then these workshops are a perfect option. Do you live downtown and want to be able to take your dog on regular walks without an on-leash display? You can accomplish that with one-on-one training. Each module builds on the next.
Module One: Understanding your Reactive Dog. LIVE ONLINE Limited to 8 participants, 90-minutes, $50
This is the first step to addressing your dog's on-leash behavior - understanding why they do what they do! You will learn:
- how does your dog learn?
- why does my dog bark and lunge at other dogs on-leash?
- canine body language 101
- how to manipulate your environment to prevent your dog from rehearsing undesired behavior
- "find-it" game video demo and practice with your dog
- A detailed follow-up email with prevention guidelines
Module Two: Let's Start Training! IN-PERSON* Two 75-minute semi-private working sessions: one-on-one coaching: $150
Prerequisite: Module One
You will be in class with one other working team and a neutral dog/handler team. One on one coaching will include the following:
a detailed review of your dog's history and working prognosis.
- Specific management guidelines based on dog's daily activities and home set-up.
- Real-time coaching of prevention and training techniques on shelter grounds with a neutral dog distraction.
- Final training plan with video resources and homework.
- Two-weeks of follow-up email support.
*Please note that all Module Two sessions will be held on grounds with social distancing rules in place. Handler/dog teams will be limited to two adults per dog and you will be required to wear a mask at all times. Your temperature will be checked each class prior to the start of class.
For more information or to be placed on a waiting list for upcoming workshops, please email email@example.com or call 410-235-8826, ext. 151.