Canine Good Citizen is a title your dog can earn. It can help lay the foundation for your dog becoming a well-respected and welcome member of the community.
For more information about the AKC's Canine Good Citizen, click here.
Our Canine Good Citizen course is a rolling enrollment class. That means you can sign up for the class and pick the dates you want to attend. Space is limited, so once you purchase your sessions, you'll need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your dates. Classes are held Saturdays at 12:30pm and Tuesdays at 2:30pm.
You have the option to sign up for three sessions (two practice sessions + CGC Test) for $75 or six sessions (five practice sessions + CGC Test) for $125. Completing the course doesn't guarantee your dog will pass the test, but you will have the opportunity to retest if you desire. For a $25 fee, you can take the CGC Test without any practice sessions.
Upon completion, you'll be provided the paperwork necessary to file for the official AKC certificate and title.
If you sign up for practice sessions, remember to bring treats your dog loves! It will help with training.
- Your dog must by fully vaccinated, four months or older, and people/dog friendly.
- All dogs should be wearing a buckle collar attached to a 4'-6' foot leash. Retractable leashes, prong and choke collars, chains and ropes are not allowed. Special collars and harnesses will be available to purchase at class.
- A participant could be asked to leave if they act abusive, if their dog is sick, or if their dog presents a potential danger (at the instructor's discretion).
- No refunds will be made after class starts. If there's an unforeseen emergency, please contact your instructor.
- Prerequisite: Dogs must have training in basic skills prior to attending this class.
LENGTH: 60 MIN
TUITION: $75 (two sessions + CGC test) or $125 (five sessions + CGC test)
PREREQUISITE: All Star Canine or equivalent
Classes are on Saturdays at 12:30 pm and Tuesdays at 2:30pm. Remember, after you purchase your session, please contact us at email@example.com to schedule your session dates.