Does your dog growl, bark, or lunge at other dogs on leash? Our Reactive Rover program can help you learn more about your dog's behavior and teach you some practical strategies so you can finally have a relaxing walk!
Our modular format is designed to get you started with understanding reactivity through our online webinar-style class and then build on that knowledge with in-person working sessions. It will allow you to decide how much information and training you want based on your individual goals.
Each module builds on the next.
Module One: Understanding your Reactive Dog. LIVE ONLINE Limited to 8 participants, 120-minutes, $75
This is the first step to addressing your dog's on-leash behavior - understanding why they do what they do! You will learn:
- How does your dog learn?
- Why does my dog bark and lunge at other dogs on leash?
- Canine body language.
- How to manipulate your environment to prevent your dog from rehearsing undesired behavior.
- Three detailed games to teach your dog to help navigate the environment.
- A detailed follow-up email with prevention guidelines.
Module Two: In-Person working sessions with your dog. Limited to 3 working teams, four 90-minute sessions, $300. This is a group-style class held in person on MD SPCA property.
* MODULE ONE is required before participation in this class. Upon completion of Module One, you will be required to fill out a survey and, if eligible, will be emailed a link to register for the module two sessions.
For more information or to be placed on a waiting list for upcoming workshops, please email email@example.com or call 410-235-8826, ext. 151.