"Hola! My name is Rico. I traveled all the way from Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. I have had quite the adventure and it has been challenging for me to get used to my new world. I'm working every day and I am thankful for the humans who have helped me along the way. They tell me that one day I will have a family to call my own who will take care of me even better than they do. Can you help me find them?" Rico has had a tough time adjusting to his new environment and is fearful of his surroundings. The staff at the Maryland SPCA, with the support of a dedicated foster family, has been working on confidence building. In order for Rico to thrive, he needs to feel safe and comfortable. Rico has made many friends along the way and enjoys spending time curled up on the couch. Because of his fear, he should not be let off leash, even in a yard. It will take time and patience but he's totally worth it. Once you warm your way into this little Puerto Rican fox's heart, you'll never be cold again.
Requirements to adopt Rico:
* Must live in the county (low-traffic preferred)
* Fenced in yard- 6ft privacy fence preferred
* Older- or no- children
* Experience with fearful dogs, or eagerness to learn
* Open to continuing behavioral medications and modifications to improve quality of life
* Other dogs in the home are optional, but I LOVE my foster brother!
Rico is available for adoption from foster. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Finding The Right Pet